- build a house for living,
- design townhouses for rental passive incomes, or
- develop an apartment or mixed-use complex for business,
inevitably you will be dealing with plans, in various types and for different objectives.
This article will not be a thorough research on plans, but more as an introduction on several plans that are widely used in development and construction industry.
1. Site plan with features and levels
Before doing any design, a site plan with features and levels must be provided by land surveyor, to provide a base for architect professionals to implement their skills and knowledge.
2. Concept plan
To create a concept drawing to reflect ideas from both client and architect on how the land will be planned to use and what the layout and design will initially look like.
3. Floor plan
Floor plan will be provided for each floor plan layout, showing locations and sizes of rooms and areas.
4. Elevation plan
To indicate how the design exterior looks like from each side of the boundary. Sometimes section view may be used to show the design appearance that cannot be observed directly from the boundary.
5. Landscape plan
To show landscape design in details, such as the types and locations of plants on the land, methods of planting, etc.
Floor, elevation and landscape plans are mainly used in multi-dwelling/unit developments, or a house which has certain part not complying with council’s planning schemes. Section or Traffic plan may be required by relevant authority as well.
- To provide a visually direct view on how the design will look like when completed, in both exterior and interior ways.
- More and more used in planning application.
- Also a must have booster for marketing in sales.
7. Working drawings
- Floor, elevation and section plans with more dimension measurements.
- Detail plan for kitchen, bathroom or other specific areas.
- Windows and doors schedule.
- Engineering drawings.
- Lighting plan.
- Footing plan.
- Structure engineering plan.
- Roof plan, etc.
8. Plan of Subdivision
For multi-dwelling/unit development to register title for each dwelling/unit and owner corporation setup if required.
The 8 types of plans/drawings/images above are mostly used, and there are many other plans that may be used in a development or construction project.
IL Visual provides premium quality and affordable Architectural Visualisation solutions for our clients. Starting from couple hundreds of dollars, client can get vivid 3D Images for Exterior Rendering, Interior Rendering and Panorama 360 .